Disadvantages of creating a free website
The following article lists the disadvantages for your business if you want to create a free and non professional website.
The option to create a free web page is viable, but we must warn of a number of disadvantages (instead of having a professional website with your own .com domain) that are negative for the business to get online presence.
We analyze the disadvantages from 2 points of view: free website and free domain/server.
This is not a negative article about free websites, only list the disadvantages of creation and maintenance of free web pages for a business.
Disadvantages of free websites
- Visitors to your website can doubt the credibility of a company that don't have a page with businessname .com.
- Emails from your company will also suffer this problem when an email from hotmail or other free email providers, instead of having a yourname @ yourdomain .com which is much more professional and beneficial for your business.
- Is difficult to remember the name of your website if it's not yourbusiness .com.
- Usually you have ads (pop ups and banners) on your free website with the lack of credibility that mean for your business.
- Unsecured server availability, and may very likely that your server stops working for some reason and website remain inoperative until the problem is resolved; for no apparent reason and without your business can provide service to its customers.
- Some browsers sometimes ignore these pages, being more difficult to position the page in the search results of Google for example.
- Limited features such as bandwidth, web space and other features to add to your website.
- Support inexistent of an expert in the development and maintenance of web pages; any doubt or eventuality that may arise in your project website, you will find yourself alone and unaided to solve your problem.
Advantages of a professional website
- Professionalism in the design and development of the website for your business.
- Advanced functionality of your professional website, can really get what your business needs and with the best quality.
- Professional Web Page oriented and prepared for the purposes of its business, every website has to be unique and offer a quality distinction of your company on the rest.
- Your own business domain and e-mail: yourbusiness .com, with it's advantages.
- Server and professional website are always available, with scheduled backups and monitoring the website 24 hours.
- Performance statistics and access to your website available through personalized reports to your email.
- Positioning in search engines easier by having a website ready for SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Support and assistance from an expert in Internet and professional website projects always available.
As you can see the ROI (return on investment) in creating a professional website for your business is insured due to the visibility, professionalism and services that a professional website offers to your clients.
We recommend that you consult professionals for guidance on how to start creating a website for your business and how to grow the website for the purpose of your business needs.